In keeping with last weeks post about apartment decorating, I thought I’d share with you a bit of my haul of inexpensive decorations! Everything I share below costs $5 or less before tax, and truly makes my space my home.
- Faux Fur Rug (Five Below: $5): I had my eye on this rug long before I moved into my new place. It was the perfect size for an accent in my small room, and I knew it would soften up my space a lot. What I didn’t know was that Malibu was going to claim it as her own! It’s just the right size for her to curl up on and nap her days away.
- Bed Canopy (Five Below: $5): I was a little hesitant to hang my canopy when I moved in, thinking that maybe it would make my room feel childish. I couldn’t have been more wrong! It softens my room perfectly and makes my bed even more dreamy than I could ever imagine. With the fairy lights behind it, my bed quickly became my favorite place (let’s be real, it already was my favorite place!)
- Motivational Posters (Target: $1 for 3): I had been holding on to a pack of these for quite some time, and then I spotted another pack just as I was decorating my apartment. They fit perfectly over my desk below my shelves, and they encourage me daily as I’m getting work done. Disclaimer: These may no longer be available due to the change of seasons and Target merchandise. If you can’t find them, I’m sure it’d be simple to make your own!
- Fake Flowers and Vases (Dollar Tree: $1 a piece): You already know how much I love plants, and how important they are to me. Sometimes, the hassle of keeping flowers alive and watching them die so quickly is just too much for me. I bought a few stems of fake flowers and a couple of vases and filler rocks from the dollar tree and instantly had added life and color on my desk! This is a great trick if you don’t quite have a green thumb (Spoiler alert: I don’t, either).
- Storage Baskets (Five Below: $5 a piece): I love these baskets. They match my light and airy aesthetic perfectly, and they fit on my top shelf so nicely. I’m using these to store things I don’t use daily, such as my pen pal stationary and envelopes. Five Below has a very large selection of baskets in different colors, sizes and materials, they’re sure to have exactly what you’re looking for! Baskets are great for keeping clutter to a minimum, which leaves your small space looking clean and organized.
I hope I’ve been able to show you that decorating your apartment doesn’t have to make you go bankrupt! Keep your eyes open for deals, and always always always check the dollar section or dollar store. You never know what you’ll find!
With all the love,